I’m the CTO and co-founder of SoftwareMill (“Extraordinary Software as a Standard”). We’re taking care of projects end-to-end, developing custom software using Java, Scala, and other languages and interesting technologies.
I created a couple of bigger and smaller open-source projects:
- Hibernate Envers, a Hibernate core module which provides entity versioning/auditing capabilities
- ElasticMQ, an Amazon SQS-compatible messaging server; the implementation is completely non-blocking (asynchronous)
- MacWire – Scala macros to generate wiring code for class instantiation; DI container replacement, and an associated Guide to DI in Scala
- Veripacks, “Verify Package Specifications”, a tool for specifying which classes and subpackages should be visible outside of a Java/Scala package, and later verify that the specification is met
- Typestate checker, an extension to JSR-308 checkers
- MenuBrowser for MacOS X (not open-source)
I am also a contributor to:
- SoftwareMill Bootzooka – simple project to quickly start developing a web application using Angular JS and Scalatra, without the need to write login, user registration etc.
- SoftwareMill Common – a set of useful Java tools for developing with CDI (includes CDI extensions), JSF, testing, using Amazon SQS
I was a speaker at many conferences, such as JavaOne, Devoxx, Javazone, GeeCon, Jfokus, Jazoon and Confitura, as well as on Warsaw, Poznan and Riviera JUGs, New York, Boston, Bay Area, San Francisco Scala meetups.
You can reach me by e-mail:
Some videos from my talks:
- Scala Bay, “Simple, fast & agile REST with Spray.io”
- ScalaDays 2014, “The no-framework Scala Dependency Injection framework” (live-coding)
- BuildStuff 2013, “The no-framework Scala Dependency Injection framework” (slides)
- JavaZone 2013, “Scala macros: what are they, how do they work & who uses them”
- Devoxx 2013, “Quickie: ElasticMQ: a fully asynchronous, Akka-based Amazon SQS server”
- Devoxx 2013, “The ideal module system and the harsh reality”
Slides are available at Slideshare.