I’m the CTO and co-founder of SoftwareMill (“Extraordinary Software as a Standard”). We’re taking care of projects end-to-end, developing custom software using Java, Scala, and other languages and interesting technologies.
I created a couple of bigger and smaller open-source projects:
- Hibernate Envers, a Hibernate core module which provides entity versioning/auditing capabilities
- ElasticMQ, an Amazon SQS-compatible messaging server; the implementation is completely non-blocking (asynchronous)
- MacWire – Scala macros to generate wiring code for class instantiation; DI container replacement
- Veripacks, “Verify Package Specifications”, a tool for specifying which classes and subpackages should be visible outside of a Java/Scala package, and later verify that the specification is met
- Typestate checker, an extension to JSR-308 checkers
- MenuBrowser for MacOS X (not open-source)
I am also a contributor to:
- SoftwareMill Bootzooka – simple project to quickly start developing a web application using Angular JS and Scalatra, without the need to write login, user registration etc.
- SoftwareMill Common – a set of useful Java tools for developing with CDI (includes CDI extensions), JSF, testing, using Amazon SQS
I was a speaker at many conferences, such as Devoxx, Javazone, Geecon, Jfokus, Jazoon, Confitura, JDD and Herbstcampus, as well as on Warsaw, Poznan and Riviera JUGs.
You can reach me by e-mail:
Some videos from my talks:
- BuildStuff 2013, “The no-framework Scala Dependency Injection framework” (slides)
- JavaZone 2013, “Scala macros: what are they, how do they work & who uses them”
- Devoxx 2013, “Quickie: ElasticMQ: a fully asynchronous, Akka-based Amazon SQS server”
- ScalaDays 2014, “The no-framework Scala Dependency Injection framework” (live-coding)
Slides are available at Slideshare.